Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Cawangan Sarawak
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Cawangan Sarawak, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) is Malaysia’s largest institution of higher learning in terms of size and population. It has experienced phenomenal growth since its inception in 1956 and it is still growing. Beside the main campus in Shah Alam, the university has expanded nationwide with 12 state campuses, 6 satellite campuses in Shah Alam, 11 state satellite campuses and 21 affiliated colleges. With this vast network and a workforce of 17,770, the university offers more than 500 academic programmes in a conducive and vibrant environment. It is also home to some 175,200 students.
To accommodate the increasing number of students, six new branch campuses were completed by 2014, namely Phase 2 of Puncak Alam Campus, Samarahan 2 Campus in Sarawak, Jasin Campus in Melaka, Pasir Gudang Campus in Johor, Seremban Campus in Negeri Sembilan and Tapah 2 Campus in Perak.
UiTM’s plan to strengthen the governance of the university resulted in the establishment of a system called 1 University 2 System ((1U2S). Based on this system, which was approved by the Board of Directors in 2007, there is an anchor university and 12 state universities. With the new system of governance, the university is able to optimise the use of its resources to enhance excellence in research, technology and learning as well as community service.
“Endeavour, Religious, Dignified”
To establish UiTM as a premier university of outstanding scholarship and academic excellence capable of providing leadership to Bumiputeras’s dynamic involvement in all professional fields of world-class standards in order to produce globally competitive graduates of sound ethical standing.
To enhance the knowledge and expertise of Bumiputeras in all fields of study through professional programmes, research work and community service based on moral values and professional ethics.
Every individual has the ability to attain excellence through the transfer of knowledge and assimilation of moral values so as to become professional graduates capable of developing knowledge, self, society and nation.
- To provide maximum opportunities for bumiputeras to pursue professionally-recognised programmes of study in science, technology, industry, business, arts and humanities.
- To provide quality and innovative programmes of study relevant to current market needs and customer demands, and in line with policies of national development.
- To establish a human resource development programme as a tool for the assimilation of a value system within the university community.
- To ensure that UiTM graduates are adequately prepared to join the local as well as the global workforce.
- To establish UiTM as a centre of excellence that is accountable for the effective and efficient management of its human resources, finances and assets in order to achieve its educational objectives, while playing its role as a catalyst in community development.
Quality Objectives Of UiTM Sarawak
- UiTM Sarawak produce quality, competitive and professional graduates
- 70% of full time academic staff are involved with scholarly enhancement programs
- The level of safety and security of staff meet OSHA requirement
- Achieve optimum level of customer satisfaction
- Teaching and learning environment is conducive
- Operational cost saving and revenue generation