Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Faculty Of Science And Technology
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Faculty Of Science And Technology, Historically, Faculty of Science began with the establishment of Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in 1970, with 5 departments, 16 academicians and 37 students. Faculty of Natural Resource Sciences was formed in Sabah in 1975. In 1982, the original Faculty of Science was split into several faculties, namely the Faculty of Physical and Applied Science, Faculty of Life Sciences and Quantitative Studies Centre that eventually known as the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences.
When the University was incorporated in 1998, agreement had been reached for the Faculty of science and technology (FST) to be established on 19th July 1999 with four faculties combined, namely Faculty of Physical and Applied Science, Faculty of Life sciences, Faculty of Mathematical sciences, and Faculty of Natural Resource Sciences.
With this merger, FST becomes a more stronger and ready to tackle learning and research of science and technology to bring Malaysia into the new millennium and later became a model for restructuring of other faculties in UKM
Rational of the selection of FST is based on the following:
- FST is a combination of two knowledge, pure science and applied science that generates technologies,
- FST is an entity that preserves fundamental knowledge,
- FST also lead the field so that the knowledge be explored is up to date and always at the peak of knowledge.
Some adjustments have been done to offer all programs in FST more interesting and can tackle challenges in this new millennium. This new program is a package in which FST students not only proficient in science but acquired some skills that are useful in their future career. With this package FST is confident that graduates are able to adapt and be competitive in any situations.
To produce outstanding students which are
- Knowledgeable and competent in the selected field of Science & Technolog.
- Competitive to bring about and steer changes
- Skill in critical thinking, creative and innovative
- High moral and ethical, open-minded with positive attitude, responsible, highly motivated, self-confident, disciplined and independent.
- Value the community and the environment as well as sensitive to the needs of society and the nation
- Communicate efficiently in Malay and English
- Master the use of information and communication technology
- Ability to conduct research in their respective organizations
- fascinated with the latest knowledge and valued learning for life
PHILOSOPHY, VISION, MISSION AND OBJECTIVE
FST fully support the objective of the establishment of UKM to produce skilled manpower and community educated in science and technology based on the philosophy of UKM which is a fusion between faith in Allah with beneficial knowledge and the combination between theory and practice.
FST is committed to be a centre for education and originator of knowledge of science and technology to create high-morel society which is dynamic and innovative
Aims to be a centre of selected knowledge with emphasis on education and world class research.
Faculty of science and technology was established to achieve the following:
- To lead, generate and disseminate knowledge of science and technology for the benefit of universal communities
- To produce educated human capital which is dynamic and innovative
- To internationalize Faculty image
- To uphold English as a language of knowledge.