Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Dentistry
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Dentistry, Faculty of Dentistry was established in June 1996 and began taking first undergraduate dental students program in the 1997/98 academic session. The degree awarded is a Doctor of Dentistry. This five -year study program have successfully realized the mission, vision and goals of the university and faculty. Faculty of Dentistry has produced graduates of distinction in knowledge and clinical skills and provide the best service to the community.
WELCOME to Faculty of Dentistry, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia). The faculty was established in June 1996, which awards a degree of Doctor of Dental Surgery. It is a five-year programme with good and comprehensive curriculum. We have so far produced good dental graduates who have good theoretical and clinical knowledge and with respectable skills and professional ethics.
The faculty has so far produced 702 graduates. Most of them are currently being employed in Ministry of Health of Malaysia and quite a number of them are in private practice. The faculty offers post-graduate specialist programme of Doctor in Clinical Dentistry in Orthodontics, Paediatric Dentistry, Restorative Dentistry, Endodontology, Periodontology and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. We also offer Doctor of Philosophy programmes in Oral Biology, Community Dentistry and Paediatric Dentistry.
The faculty is committed to maintain the good quality teaching and highly professional clinical services. All academic staff members and clinical specialists are required to carry out research activities in order to fulfil the status of a research university. This will certainly help to acquire new knowledge and develop new approaches towards patient-care and teaching & learning aspect.
With the right number, ability and experience staff, the future will witness the progress in all disciplines of dentistry in this faculty. It is the responsibility of every academic staff to make this vision a reality.
Graduates of this faculty are welcomed to continue to contribute whatever possible in the interest of academic and clinical activities. I hope the faculty will progress with the help and cooperation from every member of the faculty, as teamwork is essential.
Vision, Mission and Aim
Vision of the Faculty of Dentistry
- To become a premier and advanced centre of education, research and dental services for the community in its times.
Mission of Faculty of Dentistry
- To provide a comprehensive platform in developing and producing quality graduates who excel and meet the professional and global needs.
- To encourage research and collaborations as well to optimise intellectual resources and knowledge sharing.
- To be committed in providing holistic dental services to the community.
Objectives of Faculty of Dentistry
- To produce graduates who are competent and ethical for the benefit of individuals, families and communities.
- To produce dental practitioners who provide oral health services based on the latest practices and a holistic approach.
- To generate highly skilled dental specialists and technology applications.
- To enhance the development of research activities, which are innovative with an emphasis on professionalism development to meet the aspirations of the University