Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Clinical Psychology
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Clinical Psychology, Clinical Psychology is a program offered by the university Kebangssan Malaysia and all prospective applicants are to check the requirement and all necessary information by reading the article.
Applicants who are ready and want to study Clinical Psychology in malaysia are advice to click on the link and it will help them to succeed in their program.
Master of Clinical Psychology
The Master of Clinical Psychology is a two year postgraduate programme which prepares students to practice as Clinical Psychologists. A clinical psychologist is involved in preventing, assessing, diagnosing and treating psychological disorders, as well as emotional, learning and behaviour problems that affect daily living and social functioning. Other job scopes for clinical psychologist include teaching and supervision; consultation and program development; administration and management; research and evaluation; as well as policy-making and legislation. Students entering the program must possess a Bachelor’s degree in psychology or a post-graduate diploma in psychology from UKM or other recognized institutions. The programme consists of structured coursework, research and clinical training. Core subjects include child and adult clinical psychology, cognitive-behavioural assessment and therapy, and research methods and statistics. Students undergo clinical placement and training at the UKM Health Psychology Clinics as well as mental health clinics in regional government hospitals. Throughout the clinical training students are trained to conduct clinical psychology assessment, diagnosis and perform individual and group psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults and older adults. Students are also required to carry out a research project in the area of clinical psychology, psychogeriatric, psychological interventions or psychotherapy, psychosexuality, substance misuse and abuse, quality of life and psychological rehabilitation under close supervision of faculty members.
Applicants who wish to apply for the program should fulfil the following entry requirements:
- A good pass in the Malaysian Certificate of Education (SPM) and a credit in Malay Language/a Credit in Malay Language July paper; and
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology with minimum 3.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any Institution of higher learning recognized by the Senate; or
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology or Counselling from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any Institution of higher learning recognized by the Senate; and
- Pass the intake interview and aptitude test conducted by the program; and
- International applicant should get a minimum score of TOEFL 580/ TOEFL-CBT 230/TOEFL-IBT 88 or Band 6.5 for IELTS.
Download Master of Clinical Psychology FAQ HERE