Sunway University Application Procedures for International Students
The following are all the details information and Sunway University Application Procedures for International Students. All international applications are to read carefully before they apply.
Application Documents required
All International Students should read the requirements for enrolment carefully and ensure all information is complete before submission.
Fill up and submit the International Student Application Form. To avoid delays, please ensure that all information is complete, with the following documents attached:
- Completed Application Form
- RM 700 Enrolment Fee (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- RM 2,000 Student Pass/ Visa processing fee – paid to EMGS (non-refundable)
- Completed Pre-Arrival Medical Health Examination Report
- 4 passport-size photographs (sky blue background – size 3.5cm X 5.0cm)
- 2 photocopies of passport (ALL pages including blank pages, 2 pages per A4 sheet, single side)
– Passport must be valid for a minimum of 14 months from intake date
- 2 photocopies of official academic results
- 2 photocopies of Release Letter, including attendance & academic record
(for applicants transferring from other institutions in Malaysia)
- 2 photocopies of English Language qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
(for non-English medium of instruction/ education system/ qualifications)
- Resume/Character Reference Letter
(for applicants above 23 years old, required by the Malaysian Immigration Dept.)
- 1 original copy of Sponsorship letter
(for applicants financed by scholarship/sponsorship/study loan)
- 2 photocopies of School Leaving Certificate
(for applicants graduating from high schools in Malaysia)
- Statutory Declaration confirming identity
(for applicants with names spelt differently in official transcripts and documents)
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) (for applicants from sub-Sahara African countries)
or Letter of Eligibility (for Nigerian citizens)
- ON-CAMPUS RESIDENCE APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (IF REQUIRED)
- Completed Residence Application Form
- RM 500 Application Fee (non-refundable nor transferable)
- 2 passport-size photographs
- 1 photocopy of passport (only the personal information page)
Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Please mail or courier or fax to:-
No.5, JALAN UNIVERSITI
47500 SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN
Please email us first to confirm your eligibility before submitting an application. Offer Letters will be sent to successful applicants (please allow 1-2 weeks).
We advise that all application forms arrive no less than eight (8) weeks before the intake dates. The earlier the better, as visa processing delays can occur.
Please include the Application Fees with the Application Form and a clear copy of electronic bank transfer /remittance confirmation. Always include the student’s particulars – name, passport no., course and intake month and year.
Additional Documents required
If you graduated from an international high school in Malaysia:
- School Leaving Certificate or Completion Certificate
If you have previously studied in another higher education institution (college or university level) in Malaysia, additional documents needed are:
- Release Letter (from former institution) and
- Attendance Report (must be at least 80%).
International students from other higher education institutions in Malaysia who intend to change institutions need approval from through a Release Letter issued by the present institution.
Upon obtaining the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from EMGS, new International students are required to make an initial Advance Fee payment of RM 18,000 as stated in the Offer Letter, covering the first semester’s fees. Amounts in excess of the first semester’s tuition fees will be transferred to the next semester. VALs will only be given upon receipt of the Advance Fee payment.
Please refer to the Payment Instructions section for payment methods and information.
Important Note: Telegraphic Transfers may take up to 14 working days to reach our bank account. This should be taken into account when remitting funds.
If Malaysian Ringgit is not available, the equivalent amounts in international currencies are also acceptable (e.g. USD, AUD, SGD, EUR, GBP etc.)
Application and Registration fees are non-refundable. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Entry into Malaysia
After approval of the student VAL and payment of the Advance Fee, a Single Entry Visa (SEV) is required to enter Malaysia. Please apply for this at the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate. Processing time may vary for certain countries (between 1–10 days).
Certain countries are exempted – please check with the International Office.
Late Applications for international students
If your application arrives in Sunway University less than 6 weeks before the intake date, it will be considered a Late Application. There is a high possibility of your admission being deferred to the next available intake because the student VAL cannot be obtained in time from EMGS.
The above is the detailed Sunway University Application Procedures for International Students. Enjoy your studies