Segi University Nursing
Segi University Nursing, Segi University Nursing programme aim to prepare to be qualified as a Registered Nurse. The Diploma in nursing programme focuses both on the ‘care’ aspects of nursing as well as the ‘science’ of healthcare.
Award: SEGI University
Duration: 3 Years
fees: RM 45,000
intake: January, May and September
WHY SEGI College?
- SEGi University was founded in the year 1977 and it is a private university. SEGi University is located at Kota Damansara and it cover 10-acres of land. The location of the campus is strategically placed near two shopping complexes, One Utama and The Curve.
- SEGi University offers numerous levels of study, from Certificate and Foundation to Degree and Postgraduate Studies. A wide variety of programmes are available, including Business, Accounting and Health Sciences.
- SEGi University and Colleges has been awarded by the World Branding Awards as the Brand of the Year in 2014 – 2015 and received the Putra Brand Awards in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 and also the Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Awards in 2013, 2014 and 2015. SEGi Colleges in Kuala Lumpur, Subang Jaya, Penang and Sarawak won up to 6 stars at the 3rd Malaysian Quality Evaluation System for Private Colleges (MyQUEST) 2014/2015 and SEGi University was rated ‘Tier 5: Excellent” by the Ministry of Education (SETARA 2013).
Why Studying Diploma in Nursing at SEGI?
- This programme to prepare to be qualified as a Registered Nurse. This programme focuses both on the ‘care’ aspects of nursing as well as the ‘science’ of healthcare.
- This program undergo a complete learning experience involving classroom work, activities at simulation wards, practical room and skills lab, and earn real life experience during attachments with partner hospitals and community health clinics.
- The programme is approved by the Ministry of Higher Education (mohe) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). It is also accredited by the Malaysian Ministry of Health (moh) and Malaysian Nursing Board. Those who pass the final examinations, including the Malaysian Nursing Board examinations, will graduate and be eligible to register with the Malaysian Nursing Board.
- As holders of the segi Diploma in Nursing, you’re able to access many employment opportunities in the field of clinical nursing, healthcare, education and management, locally and abroad
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3|
|· Anatomy & Physiology· Pharmacology
· · Microbiology & Parasitology
|· Psychology· Communication
· Human & Public Relations
· Medico-Legal Aspects
· Professional Development
· Principles of Management and
· · Health System Research
|· Principles and Practice of Nursing· Infections & Infl ammatory Disease, Burn & Scalds, Fluid & Electrolyte
· Cardiovascular System
· Respiratory System
· Reproductive System
· Genito Urinary Nursing
· Community Health Nursing
· Environmental Health
· Nervous System & Endocrine System
· Mental Health Nursing
· Genito Urinary Nursing
· Opthalmologocal & Ear, Nose, Throat Nursing
· Communicable Disease
· Principles of Management
· Emergency & Disaster Nursing