Open University Malaysia Master In Nursing
Open University Malaysia Master In Nursing, A master's degree is an academic degree awarded by universities or colleges upon completion of a course of study demonstrating mastery or a high-order overview of a specific field of study or area of professional practice.
Master of Nursing
The Master of Nursing aims to produce nurse graduates who are capable nurse leaders to respond effectively and timely in the current complex health care environment. The strength of the program is the management, leadership and research courses offered in the program.
Aims of the course
The course aims to:
- Assist graduates to develop professionally and respond effectively to the challenges within a complex health care environment.
- Produce graduates, who are prepared to function as knowledgeable nurse leaders, make appropriate decisions and to communicate with colleagues and inter-professional health team members.
- Apply knowledge to intervene and initiate change at the workplace for better patient outcomes and effective utilization of scarce resources.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent as approved by Senate, AND
Registered with Nursing Board; AND
Possess latest Annual Practice Certificate, AND
Possess minimum 3 years working experience.
For foreign applicants
Possess Temporary Annual Practice Certificate (TPM) for clinical programme; AND
Passed International English Language Testing Services (IELTS) with minimum 6.5 OR Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with minimun 600.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if, the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date;
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as prescribed by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
|Coursework||Year 1||Year 2|
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
♦ Processing fee:
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
♦ Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
♦ Financial options:
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
♦ Payment Mode:
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.