Open University Malaysia Islamic Studies
Open University Malaysia Islamic Studies, Islamic studies refers to the study of Islam. Islamic studies can be seen under at least two perspectives:
- From a secular perspective, Islamic studies is a field of academic research whose subject is Islam as religion and civilization.
- From a traditional Islamic perspective, Islamic studies is an umbrella term for religious sciences (‘Ulum al-din) pursued by the ulama.
Bachelor of Islamic Studies (Islamic Management) with Honours (R2-DL/221/6/0077 (A9122) 09/25)
Bachelor of Islamic Studies (BIS) is an open and distance learning program the offered to those who want to pursue their studies in higher education in Islamic studies. It comprises subjects encompassing Islamic Law and Management. It is aimed to equip candidates with Islamic knowledge as well as exposure to management from the Islamic perspective.
This integrated curriculum is designed to help those who are working as administrators and managers in both government and private sectors, especially those who are attached to various religious institutions, including religious departments at state and federal levels.
Graduates are eligible for positions in general and religious administrations in public or private religious institutions.
Passed SPM/SPMV/MCE or equivalent with 2 credits; AND
Passed STPM/HSC or equivalent with at least 2 principals (CGPA 2.00) includes subjects related to Islamic Studies; OR
Passed a recognized Diploma in related field; OR
Passed a recognized Matriculation certificate; OR
Passed a Polytechnic certificate.
APEL Entry (Only for Malaysians)
The candidate should be more than 21 years of age in the year of application; AND
Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; AND
Pass the APEL Assessment (Aptitude Test & Portfolio) conducted by OUM
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if, the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date;
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as prescribed by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Sem 1||RM 1,424||RM 1,602||RM 1,602||RM 1,602||RM 1,602|
|Sem 2||RM 1,424||RM 1,424||RM 1,602||RM 1,602||RM 1,068|
|Sem 3||RM 1,602||RM 1,602||RM 1,602||RM 1,602||–|
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
♦ Processing fee:
- RM30 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International)
♦ Financial options:
- PTPTN; or
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- Flexible Payment Scheme.
♦ Payment Mode:
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.