Admission requirement for University of Malaya.
Admission requirement for University of Malaya, the University of Malaya (UM) has been chosen by the Merck Foundation to train healthcare practitioners from Africa, Southeast Asia and developing countries in the field of diabetes, oncology, hypertension and infertility, starting this year.
Merck Foundation chief executive officer, Dr Rasha Kelej said that UM was the first university in the country to collaborate with the Merck Foundation to empower quality and equitable healthcare in developing countries.
Before one can be admitted to this notable university, one has to know the admission requirement of the university and below is/are the requirement:
International Undergraduate Entry Requirements
• National Higher School Certificate (or an Advanced Level equivalent) with the grade 80% and above
• A Diploma from recognized Institutions with at least a CGPA of 3.00.
• Applicant may be required to undergo an interview session for certain selection programme before being accepted by the respective faculty.
Students are required to enroll in the Malay Language Programme prior to being conferred a degree.
English Language Requirements
Students must obtain:
• TOEFL score of 500 (PBT), 173 (CBT) or 60 (IBT) and above
• IELTS Band 5.0 and above
• Pass in any equivalent English proficiency test approved and recognised by the University of Malaya.
Without any of the above English proficiency certificates, accepted students to UM undergraduate programs would be issued-
with a conditional offer letter to fulfill the English language requirements.
Applications can be submitted online at e-application