2017 SEAOHUN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION OPENS
The 2017 SEAOHUN scholarship application for the academic year is now opened for all interested applicants. Applicants are to follow and satisfied all the necessary requirements below in order to be considered for the SEAOHUN scholarship.
Background on SEAOHUN
The Southeast Asia One Health University Network (SEAOHUN) was established in December 2011. SEAOHUN is a network of faculties and schools of medicine, nursing, public health and veterinary medicine in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. SEAOHUN serves as a dynamic partner in building One Health capacity within Southeast Asia region and has the following vision, mission and objectives:
SEAOHUN aims to develop One Health workforce capacity in Southeast Asia. To support the development of young professionals who will promote and implement One Health principles, SEAOHUN offers scholarships for selected students to pursue graduate degrees at approved academic institutions in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam.
Criteria for 2017 SEAOHUN Scholarship Application:
Applicant must be a citizen of a SEAOHUN member country, (Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam) or a SEAOHUN expansion country (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Bangladesh).
- Plan a career in human, animal, or environmental health applying One Health principles
- No more than 35 years of age.
- Must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time student in the SEAOHUN Scholarship Eligible Programmes: International One Health related Master’s Degree programs 2017 in SEAOHUN member countries as attached.
SEAOHUN may provide the full grant of yearly tuition and stipend OR a partial grant that covers only the yearly tuition fee, depending on the SEAOHUN committee judgement and budget. The maximum award is $12,300 per year.
- Applications must be submitted to SEAOHUN Foundation at least 3 months prior to the commence date of the academic programme.
- Applications for the SEAOHUN Scholarship 2017 will be closed on 15 June 2017 (application DEADLINE)
The following deliverables are expected from successful applicants:
- Quarterly progress report submitted to the SEAOHUN Secretariat.
- Proof of successful degree completion within two weeks after graduation.
- A plan to use your acquired knowledge and skills in your career development (submitted within two weeks of degree completion).
- Deliver at least one presentation at a scientific conference to demonstrate successful application of One Health knowledge within a year after degree completion.
- Prepare one article with photos for publication on the SEAOHUN website describing the experience, insights and perspectives gained during your studies
How to apply for UCD MScPH at PMC:
- The application must be endorsed and signed by Prof Dr Abdul Rashid Khan, Head, Department of Public Health, Deputy Dean of Postgraduate Affairs and International Relations at PMC
- Complete programme application: APPLICATION FORM – UCD MScPH 2017 at PMC
- Complete the 03032017 SEAOHUN Scholarships Application 2017 Final
- Attach proof of acceptance from the programme
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- A vision statement not to exceed 1000 words (Calibri, 12 points) that describes how you will apply the knowledge gained from your studies in your career and how it will contribute to the application of One Health principles
- Attach a copy of the photo page of your valid passport.
Submit the application or general enquiries:
Download the Application Form:
- The scholarship is granted on an annual basis. If the Master’s Degree Program is more than one year in duration, the applicant must re-apply for the scholarship before the second year. SEAOHUN’s decision to grant the scholarship for the second year will be based on the progress and performance of the student, the faculty recommendation and available funds.
- The scholarship grant will be paid directly to the Master’s Degree Program in which the awardee is enrolled