Wawasan Open University Online Registration
Wawasan Open University Online Registration, The information provided below is Wawasan Open University Online Registration
You may apply for our full-time programmes through our online application process or visit our main campus or regional centres to enroll.
Commencement of Intake
Below are the commencement of intake for Full-Time Study:
- February 2018 Intake: 12 February 2018
- May 2018 Intake: 7 May 2018
- September 2018 Intake: 24 September 2018
The schedule of fees is here: Your total tuition fees in each semester depend on the number of courses for which you enrol.
Payment may be made at the main campus or at the regional centres. Payment is accepted by cheque (payable to Wawasan Open University Sdn Bhd), bank draft, money/postal order, credit card or by ATM cards issued by most major Malaysian banks. All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration and no later than the first week after the commencement of the semester. You will be fined a late payment penalty if all fees are not paid on time and may lose access to WOU facilities, tutorials and examinations.
Apply for Financial Assistance
Help is available to students who need it in the following ways:
a. Kick start your studies with attractive rewards at WOU Main Campus, Penang
- Tuition Fee Rebates for Full-Time Study May 2018 Intake: New students will enjoy a 70% tuition fee rebate for the first semester and a 25% tuition fee rebate for ever semester throughout their studies at WOU.
- Accommodation Allowance for outstation students: All outstation students – i.e. those who enrol through other Regional Centres/Support Centres besides Penang – will get accommodation allowance per semester.
b. Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
EPF contributors can withdraw from their EPF Account II to support their studies.
To apply, please obtain the Borang KWSP 9H (AHL) from the nearest EPF office and liaise with your nearest Regional Centre to obtain the relevant supporting letters from WOU.
Note: WOU only charges fees on a per semester basis. Any excess EPF funds parked with WOU will not be construed as advance payment for tuition fee and is not interest bearing.
c. Bank Loans
Certain banks may provide study loans. Please check with your respective bank for further details.
d. Instalment Plans
Installment payment plans are available in special circumstances. Please consult your nearest Regional Centre for further details.
e. 0% easy payment system
WOU tuition fees qualify for a 6 month 0% easy payment scheme when you pay using a Maybank, Alliance or Hong Leong credit card. For further details, please contact your nearest Regional Centre.
f. Bursary Award
The Bursary Award is applicable to new undergraduate students who are below 21 years old and enrol in a minimum of two courses. The students will enjoy tuition fee discounts based on academic performance in their STPM/A-Level/UEC.
g. Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu and Tun Dr. Lim Keng Yaik Scholarships
These scholarships are available for new students who have obtained at least 3A for STPM, 3A for A Levels or 10A for UEC or any other equivalent qualification, and whose family basic income is not more than RM7,000 per month or RM84,000 per year.
h. Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship
The Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship awarded to students who achieve academic excellence on a semester basis.
i. Wawasan Education Foundation Study Grant
New students who meet specific income and English language criteria may apply for a study grant.
j. Penang State Government Education Loan
The Penang State Government Education Loan was established to provide education loans to Malaysian citizens who were born or receive part of their education in Penang. The criteria for application are:
- Must be born in Penang or have at least studied in a Penang-based school for five years.
- Must have received an offer to study at a local public education institution, or a private one that has been approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Must not be already sponsored by another entity.