Wawasan Open University Masters Course
Wawasan Open University Masters Course, This programme is designed to meet the needs of professional qualifications in education and to upgrade the quality of services in educational institutions.
Master of Education
This programme is designed to meet the needs of professional qualifications in education and to upgrade the quality of services in educational institutions. To meet these needs, the programme will cover core education topics as well as two strands of specialisation – Teaching English as a Second Language and Education Management. * By providing the latest knowledge in information technology tools, research in education, leadership skills and education theories, this programme provides real-life techniques that can be applied immediately to classroom situations, education management and administrative challenges.
* Other specializations to be announced at a later date.
Graduates of the Master of Education will qualify for appointment as teachers in schools as well as in academic and administrative positions in colleges, university colleges and universities. They may also find employment in publishing firms and corporate training centres. Graduates can also be employed as researchers at institutions of higher learning.
(1) Regular Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
(2) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lacking formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.