Vision Of Universiti Teknologi Mara
Vision Of Universiti Teknologi Mara,
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM; English: MARA University of Technology) is a public university in Malaysia based primarily in Shah Alam. Established in 1956 as RIDA (Rural & Industrial Development Authority) Training Centre (Malay: Dewan Latehan RIDA), it opened its doors to some 50 students with a focus to help the rural Malays. Since that time it has grown into the largest higher education institution in Malaysia by physical infrastructure, staff·organization (academic and non-academic) and student enrollment.
The university comprises one main campus, 13 autonomous state campuses and 21 satellite campuses. With 17,000 of academic and non-academic staff, UiTM offered some 500 programmes ranging from foundation to postgraduate level. It is home to some 168,000 students: bumiputeras and international students, in full-time and part-time mode. The teaching is fully conducted in English.
- To provide maximum opportunities for bumiputeras to pursue professionally-recognised programmes of study in science, technology, industry, business, arts and humanities.
- To provide quality and innovative programmes of study relevant to current market needs and customer demands, and in line with policies of national development.
- To establish a human resource development programme as a tool for the assimilation of a value system within the university community.
- To ensure that UiTM graduates are adequately prepared to join the local as well as the global workforce.
- To establish UiTM as a centre of excellence that is accountable for the effective and efficient management of its human resources, finances and assets in order to achieve its educational objectives, while playing its role as a catalyst in community development.
40450 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Chief Information Officer (CIO): cspi[at]salam[dot]uitm[dot]edu[dot]my