University Hospital Kuala Lumpur Elective
University Hospital Kuala Lumpur Elective, An elective is a placement undertaken as part of a medical degree. The content and setting of the placement are largely decided by the student undertaking it, with student frequently choosing to spend it in a different country.
Elective placements are not exclusive to medical degrees; many other degree programmes within the field of healthcare also incorporate electives (such as nursing, dentistry and physiotherapy) and the format is often the same.
University Hospital is situated 10km out of the centre of Kuala Lumpar. It is the teaching hospital for medical students at the University of Malaysia and has one of the largest A & E deptartments in the country. The hospital’s facilities are similar to those in the UK. It is clean, well equipped and in good condition.
Whilst planning your elective can be a fantastic part of your experience, it may be that where you want to go needs a certain amount of back-up (trekking to remote Nepalese villages or heading to remote Uganda for instance), or that you simply do not have the time to plan your own elective. There are a huge range of organised elective providers available to help you with planning your elective and on these pages you’ll find information on the providers who pay to advertise on TEN.
- Elective placements throughout the developing world.
- Tailor-made electives to match your specific interests.
- 24/7 staff support, accommodation, food and insurance.
- We offer general clinical and specialist opportunities
- Tailor made electives to suit your speciality/interests
- Every student is treated with care and attention
- Your own tailored, organised and structured placement.
- Comprehensive pre-departure planning advice and support.
- Supported electives; Africa, S.America, Asia & E.Europe
- Tailor made, fully supported electives in Kenya & Nepal
- Combine your elective with treks, safari or volunteering
- Electives directly support the Moving Mountains Trust
- Unrivalled reputation for comprehensive Ghana electives
- Safe, focussed, well-structured placements and travel
- Visits to community clinics and orphanages arranged