Universiti Utara Malaysia Pengajian Jarak Jauh
Universiti Utara Malaysia Pengajian Jarak Jauh, Pengajian Jarak Jauh or PJJ is the Malaysian word for “Distance Education” In order to realize the Lifelong Learning Cultural Master Plan, PACE takes on the responsibility of providing Malaysians with the opportunity to improve the quality of life through increased education. PACE is responsible for managing the program through the Distance Education mode (PJJ) that always meets the current market requirements.
Based on the mission and vision of the University, the PJJ program is for:
- Open opportunities to the general public to improve education standards.
- Provides opportunities for adult students to pursue tertiary education up to degree level.
- Bringing higher education to rural areas.
- Increase the production rate of trained and highly educated workers.
- Increase knowledge, abilities and approvals for those who are working with the government or the private sector.
The Distance Education Program (PJJ) of Universiti Utara Malaysia offers the following programs:
- Bachelor of Public Management with Honors [BPM (Hons)]
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Honors [BBA (Hons)]
- Bachelor of Communication with Honors [BComm (Hons)]
- Bachelor of Finance and Islamic Banking with Honors [BIFB (Hons)]
- Bachelor of Creative Industry Management with Honors [BCIM (Hons)]
PJJ STUDIES CENTER
UUM now has ten (13) learning centers operating for the PJJ Program namely:
- UUM Campus, Sintok, Kedah
- Kuala Lumpur Learning Center
- Kota Bharu Learning Center, Kelantan
- Johor Learning Center, Johor
- Kuching Learning Center, Sarawak
- Sibu Learning Center, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu Learning Center, Sabah
- Ipoh Learning Center, Perak
- Melaka Learning Center
- Kuantan Learning Center, Pahang
- Learning Center of Bank Rakyat Foundation, Kuala Lumpur
- Langkawi Learning Center, Kedah
- Miri Learning Center, Sarawak
- Lecture meetings are held 4 times in a semester. Each lecture is controlled for 4 hours. Lectures will be conducted once a month on weekends.
- Comprehensive CD-based modules are the main learning materials for each course that will be provided to students.
- The place and date of the lecture and examination for a semester will be announced to the student before the commencement of the course.
The involved teachers are comprised of experienced and expert lecturers in the field offered.
For all PJJ students, START SEMESTER ABOUT APRIL SESSION 2013/2014, graduation requirements by MUET results at least Band 2.