Universiti Utara Malaysia Entry Requirements
Universiti Utara Malaysia Entry Requirements, all prospective applicants, both international and local students who want to apply for admission to the Universiti Utara Malaysia are advice to check the entry requirements before applying.
For Malaysian Student
For International Student - General Entry Requirement
1. Senior High School/Senior Secondary School/Other Certificates from the government schools with the period of at least 11 to 12 years of study from Primary to Higher Secondary (the cetificate is valid for 5 years from the year of Higher Secondary Examination)
any other certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university.
2. Pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) at least 500/ International English Language Testing System (IELTS) at least 5.5;
obtain a certificate from any Countries with English Language Education System (i.e. Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe);
any other English Language certificate that is recognized by the Senate of the university.
3. Applicant must have a credit pass in Mathematics or equivalent and English Languages to apply the undergraduate programme.
4. Applicant must not be less than 18 but not more than 25 years old before the deadline of application submission .
1. The university does not recognize all types of certificate issued by the private schools and colleges.
2. If necessary, applicants may also be required to attend an interview and/or take an entrance test conducted by the university.
3. Applicants from countries which required them to pass the university entrance examination have to submit the result of this examination together with their applications forms.
4. Applicant should note that the fulfillment of the minimum entrance alone does not guarantee admission to the University.
All International candidates who do not meet any one of the above English Language requirements are required to attend the Intensive English Language Course and pass the English Proficiency Test before courses registration is allowed. Students are allowed to take the Intensive English Course for up to three (3) times within the duration of the validity of their visa which is in one (1) year
International students are to click HERE
for the requirements.