Universiti Teknologi Mara Terengganu
Universiti Teknologi Mara Terengganu, Dated July 1, 1975 in history which saw the establishment, in Sura Gate, UiTM Kampus Dungun, Dungun, Terengganu. This campus
has 17 acres of land, which was a relic of a leased Iron Ore Company of the State Economic Development Corporation (PERMINT).
At that time there were 22 wooden building used as administrative buildings, lecture rooms, library and hostel for students. Some other buildings were the Union Club, Sg Buaya and Sungai Udang converted be as a student dormitories.
Renovation of buildings and the construction of additional buildings in Sura Gate was also done to accommodate the needs of students and staff at the time. Such modifications include 5 pieces of old buildings made lecture rooms, houses and a mosque Resident Representative and two stores long been Refectory and 2 blocks laboratories and student recreation center.
While a permanent campus in Sura Hujung was built in 1982, but Sura campus Gatestill used to study secretarial science and certificate at the Hotel & restaurant. On 30 April 1998, after operating for nearly 23 years, the campus Sura Gate has finallyreturned to State Government in full. Accordingly, All activities and student placement is based at the campus of the Sura Hujung by leaving many memoriesfond and bitter.
Dated October 19, 1978, laying the foundation stone for the permanent campus of UiTM Dungun was completed by the late Sultan Ismail Nasiruddin Shah in Sura Hujung. This area covers 1,306,536 square meters which is 342.536 square meters in area bordering the South China Sea coast and 964,000 square feet in the hills opposite Sura.
Construction of the permanent campus in Sura Hujung implemented in stages through several phases. The results of the implementation of the fourth phase and physical development in Malaysia Plan, the 6th and 7th, now UiTM Dungun has developed the whole area next to the beach and 500.00 square meters across the lake.
Mission And Vision
To enhance the knowledge and expertise of Bumiputeras in all fields of study through professional programmes, research work and community service based on moral values and professional ethics.
To establish UiTM as a premier university of outstanding scholarship and academic excellence capable of providing leadership to Bumiputeras’s dynamic involvement in all professional fields of world-class standards in order to produce globally competitive graduates of sound ethical standing.
Philosophy and Objectives
- Each individual is able to achieve excellence through the transfer of knowledge and the application of values in order to become professional graduates who are capable of expanding knowledge and developing self, society and nation.
- Provide maximum opportunities for bumiputras to pursue professionaleducation in the fields of science, industry, technology, trade, art and community.
- Provide quality instruction and innovative as well as meet the needs of the market and customers, as well as supporting the national development policy.
- Creating humanitarian development programme as a tool to implement the system value of the UiTM.
- Ensure that UiTM products not only meet the domestic market use of manpower, but also are willing to serve at the global level.
- Making UiTM a brilliant organization that can guarantee the management ofhuman resources, finance and property effectively and efficiently to achieve the goal of education in UiTM and play a role as a catalyst for community development.