Universiti Teknologi Mara Pahang
Universiti Teknologi Mara Pahang, Pahang, officially Pahang Darul Makmur with the Arabic honorific Darul Makmur (Jawi: دار المعمور, “The Abode of Tranquility”) is a sultanate and a federal state of Malaysia. With an area of 35,840 square kilometres, it is the third largest Malaysian state and the largest in Peninsular Malaysia. Its territory comprises roughly 11% of the total land area of Malaysia. With 1.63 million inhabitants, it is Malaysia’s ninth most-populous state. Pahang’s capital and largest city, Kuantan, is the eighth largest urban agglomerations by population in Malaysia.
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM; English: MARA University of Technology) is a public university in Malaysia based primarily in Shah Alam. Established in 1956 as RIDA (Rural & Industrial Development Authority) Training Centre (Malay: Dewan Latehan RIDA), it opened its doors to some 50 students with a focus to help the rural Malays. Since that time it has grown into the largest higher education institution in Malaysia by physical infrastructure, staff·organization (academic and non-academic) and student enrollment).
- To provide maximum opportunities for bumiputeras to pursue professionally-recognised programmes of study in science, technology, industry, business, arts and humanities.
- To provide quality and innovative programmes of study relevant to current market needs and customer demands, and in line with policies of national development.
- To establish a human resource development programme as a tool for the assimilation of a value system within the university community.
- To ensure that UiTM graduates are adequately prepared to join the local as well as the global workforce.
- To establish UiTM as a centre of excellence that is accountable for the effective and efficient management of its human resources, finances and assets in order to achieve its educational objectives, while playing its role as a catalyst in community development.