Universiti Teknologi Mara Kuching
Universiti Teknologi Mara Kuching, Kuching /ˈkuːtʃɪŋ/ (Jawi: کوچيڠ, Chinese: 古晉; pinyin: Gǔjìn), officially the City of Kuching, is the capital and the most populous city in the state of Sarawak in Malaysia. It is also the capital of Kuching Division. The city is situated on the Sarawak River at the southwest tip of the state of Sarawak on the island of Borneo and covers an area of 431 square kilometres (166 sq mi) with a population about 165,642 in the Kuching North administrative region and 159,490 in the Kuching South administrative region total of 325,132 people.
Kuching was the third capital of Sarawak in 1827 during the administration of the Bruneian Empire. In 1841, Kuching became the capital of the Kingdom of Sarawak after the territory in the area was ceded to James Brooke for helping the Bruneian empire in crushing a rebellion particularly by the interior Borneo dweller Land Dayak people who later became his loyal followers after most of them being pardoned by him and joining his side. The town continued to receive attention and development during the rule of Charles Brooke such as the construction of a sanitation system, hospital, prison, fort, and a bazaar. In 1941, the Brooke administration had a Centenary Celebration in Kuching. During World War II, Kuching was occupied by Japanese forces from 1942 to 1945.
“Endeavour, Religious, Dignified”
To establish UiTM as a premier university of outstanding scholarship and academic excellence capable of providing leadership to Bumiputeras’s dynamic involvement in all professional fields of world-class standards in order to produce globally competitive graduates of sound ethical standing.
To enhance the knowledge and expertise of Bumiputeras in all fields of study through professional programmes, research work and community service based on moral values and professional ethics.
Every individual has the ability to attain excellence through the transfer of knowledge and assimilation of moral values so as to become professional graduates capable of developing knowledge, self, society and nation.
- To provide maximum opportunities for bumiputeras to pursue professionally-recognised programmes of study in science, technology, industry, business, arts and humanities.
- To provide quality and innovative programmes of study relevant to current market needs and customer demands, and in line with policies of national development.
- To establish a human resource development programme as a tool for the assimilation of a value system within the university community.
- To ensure that UiTM graduates are adequately prepared to join the local as well as the global workforce.
- To establish UiTM as a centre of excellence that is accountable for the effective and efficient management of its human resources, finances and assets in order to achieve its educational objectives, while playing its role as a catalyst in community development.
Quality Objectives Of UiTM Sarawak
- UiTM Sarawak produce quality, competitive and professional graduates
- 70% of full time academic staff are involved with scholarly enhancement programs
- The level of safety and security of staff meet OSHA requirement
- Achieve optimum level of customer satisfaction
- Teaching and learning environment is conducive
- Operational cost saving and revenue generation
94300 Kota Samarahan
No Tel: +6082 677200
No Tel: +6082 677500
No Fax: +6082 677300
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org