Universiti Malaysia Sabah Library
Universiti Malaysia Sabah Library,check out Universiti Malaysia Sabah Library
Universiti Malaysia Sabah Library was established to support and complement the teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication in the University. This is reflected in the stated mission of the University Library:
To provide comprehensive resources and services to support the needs and requirements of the University in teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication.
Library facilities are also provided at the UMS branch campuses in Sandakan, Sabah and the Federal Territory of Labuan. A special library has also been established for the UMS Medical School and is currently located at Block B. The UMS Library utilises VIRTUA as its operating system and is accessible 24 hours 7 days a week via the University Library Portal.
Creating world- class library facilities through the development of dynamic and innovative information resources.
Providing comprehensive resources and services to support the needs and requirements of the University in teaching, learning, research, innovation and publication.
Developing a knowledgable, outstanding and progressive society founded on mastery and love of knowledge through the inculcation of positive reading habits and lifelong learning culture.
- Developing quality resources and information.
- Providing efficient, effective, accurate and user- friendly services.
- Optimising utilisation of various information, facilities and services.
- Cultivating a knowledge culture among the University community and surrounding localities.
We pledge to:
- Develop and enhance the depository of quality resources and information.
- Provide efficient, effective and accurate information at all times.
- Provide user- friendly services.
- Provide a conducive learning environment.
“To Serve with Quality”
UMS Library Branches
- Kota Kinabalu Main Campus Library (UMS-KK)
- Labuan International Campus Branch Library (UMS-LIC)
- Medical Library
- Sandakan Campus Branch Library
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kota Kinabalu
- Riverside Kingfisher, Kota Kinabalu
- Duchess of Kent, Sandakan
- Rural Medical Education Centre Sikuati, Kudat
Off Campus Service Centre
- Off-Campus Service Centre, Tawau
Together, these Libraries complement and support teaching, learning, research and innovation in the University.
KOTA KINABALU MAIN CAMPUS LIBRARY (UMS-KK)
Established in 1995, the library provides resources and materials to fulfil the requirements and needs of library members in courses and programmes offered by the University.
LABUAN INTERNATIONAL CAMPUS LIBRARY (UMS-LIC)
This branch was set up in 1999 to support teaching and learning at the Labuan Faculty of International Finance and Faculty of Computing and Informatics.
The Medical Library began operations in August 2011 to provide access to medical publications and reference resources. It is located at Levels 3 and 4 of Block B in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences.
The Medical Library consists of three (3) Clinical blocks and one (1) Medical Education Center:
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) Kota Kinabalu Clinical Block
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) Kota Kinabalu Clinical Block, established in 2007, aims to provide information resources to medical students and lecturers.
- Duchess of Kent Hospital Sandakan Clinical Block
The Duchess of Kent Hospital (DOK) Sandakan Clinical Block, established in 2007, provides information resources support to Medical Faculty students undergoing practical training at the Duchess of Kent Hospital, Sandakan.
- Kingfisher Riverside Clinical Block
The Kingfisher Riverside Clinical Block, set up in 2008, caters to the information needs of students undergoing practical training at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH), Kota Kinabalu.
- Rural Medical Education Centre (RMEC) Sikuati, Kudat
The Rural Medical Education Centre (RMEC) in Sikuati, Kudat aims to provide information needs and support for students undergoing practical training at Kudat Hospital as well as the PUPUK Project. This centre was established in 2009.
SANDAKAN CAMPUS LIBRARY
The Sandakan Campus Library was established in September 2011 and began operations on 3rd October 2011. Many of the reference resources available here are based on specific needs of the Faculty of Sustainable Agriculture.
OFF CAMPUS SERVICE CENTRE
- Tawau Reading Centre Service
The Tawau Off- Campus Service Centre was established in 2007 with the purpose of providing resource support to Off Campus students (PLUMS). The material collection is developed based on the programmes offered and recommendations and suggestions of lecturers.
Only registered users are allowed to borrow either from the Circulation Counter or from the Self Service Machine. In case of difficulties, users are advised to contact the Main Counter staff.
Self Check out Machine User Guide;
- Valid user ID card is required
- Follow instructions stated on monitor
- Keep receipts as proof of loan or loan reference
- Contact staff at Service Counter in case of difficulty/ problems with machine use.
|RED SPOT||INTER LIBRARY LOAN||ARTICLE REQUEST|
|3 days (2 items*) /
2 hours (5 items**)
|Reference only||2 days
|5 items||5 articles|
|Staff Personal|| 30 days
| 2 days
|Postgraduate|| 30 days
|Undergraduate|| 14 days
|Diploma / Certificate|| 14 days
|External User|| 30 days
(according to entitlement)
|Not allowed to borrow unless
there is a duplicate (2 days/2 items)
** Latest Journal
Returning and Book Drop Service
Materials can be returned either at the Service Counter or through the Book Drop Service located outside the Library building to enable return of materials after closing hours. However, this service is only for the return of GENERAL COLLECTION items. Other types of collections are to be returned at the Service Counter.
Request of items can be made at the Circulation Counter or online and is subject to loan terms and conditions.
Extensions can be made at the Circulation Counter or online, subject to availability of the required item(s).
Payment for Damaged or Lost Item
Payment for damaged or lost items is to be made during office hours at the Collection Management Section (Circulation).