Universiti Malaysia Sabah Biotechnology Research Institute
Universiti Malaysia Sabah Biotechnology Research Institute,
The Biotechnology Research Institute (BRI) was established in January 2002 to function as a Center of Excellence in the field of Biotechnology at Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS). The establishment of BRI is in tandem with the nation’s efforts to promote research and development in biological or life sciences for the improvement of the quality of human life in relations to medicine, food, agricultural science and environmental protection. The main functions of the Institute are:
- To promote research and postgraduate training through a demand-driven education programme in the field of biotechnology
- To undertake strategic biotechnology research in key areas relevant to the geographical location of Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- To serve as a facility housing high-end analytical equipment
- To serve as a biotechnology hub for Sabah and its surrounding regions
- To develop corporate partnerships to help drive the nation’s biotechnology industry
- To create and encourage an entrepreneurial culture among UMS researchers in the commercialisation of biotechnology R&D outputs
- To support and contribute to the local and national bio-industries
The Biotechnology Research Institute strives to be a world class research center in the field of biotechnology.
To promote research and development in biological or life sciences through market-driven educational programmes and strategic research.
Biotechnology Research Institute, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Jalan UMS, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
+(60) 88-320991, 88-320000 ext. 5687 +(60) 88-320993