Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) Admission Requirement
Requirements for COURSEWORK Programmes:
- Bachelor degree in Science from Public Institution of Higher Learning (IPTA) OR Private Institution of Higher Learning (IPTS) recognized by UMP Senate with CPA 2.70 and above, OR
- A qualification deemed to be equivalent with some experience in related area as approved by UMP Senate, if required, shall satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination, OR
- For applicants of M.Sc. (Information & Communication Technology) which are not in Science field should have at least 3 years working experience in IT related field
- Foreign students from countries where the primary language is not English, and who do not have a previous degree from an English-speaking university, must complete the TOEFL or IELTS exam with a score that meets The Graduate School standards, which surrently are 550 or Band 6.
Requirements for RESEARCH Programmes:
- Doctoral Programme
- A Master Degree in the relevant studies from the University or Institute recognized by the University Senate OR an equivalent professional qualification in a related field recognized by the Senate.
- Master Programme
- A Bachelor degree with honours (minimum 2.75/4.00)* in the relevant area from recognized universities or equivalent professional qualifications that are recognized by the University Senate.
- English Language Requirements
- Candidates should have a good command of English equivalent to IELTS (Academic) Band 6.0, TOEFL* paper based 550 points (for international students only) and MUET Band 4 (for local students only).*TOEFL ITP is not acceptable by admission
- Candidates who have obtained a lower result or have not taken the TOEFL/ IELTS are required to sit for the Preparatory Intensive English (PIE) programme and obtain Band 6.0 in the UMP English Profeciency Test (UMP-EPT) before registration.