Universiti Malaysia Kelantan Pengkalan Chepa
Universiti Malaysia Kelantan Pengkalan Chepa,the Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK; English: University of Malaysia, Kelantan) is a public university in Kelantan, Malaysia. The formation of the university was mooted during the tabling of the Ninth Malaysia Plan and approved by the cabinet of Malaysia on 14 June 2006. The launching ceremony was held at the end of 2006 by Prime Minister, Y.A.B. Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi. The first students were enrolled with the commencement of the June 2007 semester.
The Prime Minister of Malaysia announced the government’s approval to establish a university in Kelantan under the Ninth Malaysia Plan on 31 March 2006.
On 14 June 2006, a Cabinet Meeting approved the establishment of the university. Taglines such as “Entrepreneurship is Our Thrust” and “Entrepreneurial University” are used to promote the philosophy of the university. Studies are grouped into three fields:
- Entrepreneurship and Business ;
- Creative Technology and Heritage;
- Agro-Industry and Science of Natural Resources.
Apart from the three fields of study, emphasis is given to acquiring language and soft skills.
Pengkalan Chepa campus (City Campus)
The campus is expected to operate until the enrolment reaches 2,160 students. Starting from September 2011, the students will be placed at mainly Bachok and Jeli according to the faculty.
Campus facilities Total area
Taman Bendahara – 10,600m2 Hostel – 10,530m2
This campus consists of :
- Faculty of Entrepreneurship & Business (FKP)
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (FPV)
- Centre for Language Studies & Generic Development (PPBPI)
- Institute of Small & Medium Enterprises (ISME)
- Centre for Academic Development & Management (PPPA)
- Corporate Relations Centre
- The Chancellery
- Registrar’s Department
- Division of Academic Affairs
- Department of Information & Communication Technology
- Department of Infra & Services Development
- Lecture Halls
- Lecture Rooms
- Student Activity Rooms
- Science, Computer and Language Labs
- Student Enterprise Centre