UNIMAS secured 2 Gold Medals at MTE2018
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS) bagged two gold medals, one silver and eight bronze at the Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE) 2018, held in Kuala Lumpur, from 22 – 24 February 2018. This event was organised by Professional Trade Exhibition and Meeting Planners (protemp) and Malaysian Association of Research Scientists (MARS). Apart from the excellent achievements of medals, UNIMAS also won the 3rd place for Best Booth Design award.
MTE2018 attracted more than 500 inventions from leading inventors and innovators, academics, research institutions, young entrepreneurs and the industry, who share a common principle that invention is the vital source that drives the world’s technology and new orders of wealth creation. Moreover, the MTE2018 comprises of international participations from countries such as Croatia, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Iran etc.
This outstanding achievement has given UNIMAS researchers more encouragement and motivation to persevere and be diligent in their research endeavours. With the excellent haul of 11 medals, UNIMAS is confident that these inventions would lead towards commercialisation that ultimately propel UNIMAS towards the attaining excellence in the research and innovation ecosystem.
UNIMAS’ inventions at the MTE2018 were as follows:
- “Alternative Construction Technology for Rural Roads on Shallow Peat” led by Dr Mah Yau Seng
- “New Technique for Cardiac Oedema Identification” led by Dr Dayang NurFatimah
- “A VASNET Framework to Support D2D Communication in Disaster Management System” led by Dr Mohamad Nazim Jambli
- “HiPav-High Performance Pavement Wearing Course” led by Professor Dr Md Abd Mannan
- “A Novel Method in Measuring Cutting Edge Temperature of End Mill Tool in High Speed Machining Using Infrared Radiation” led by Associate Professor Dr Abdullah Yassin
- “HDPE Pipe Design with High Resistance of Vibration for Water Pipeline Industry” led by Dr Aidil Azli Alias
- “Semi-Automated Spray Pyrolysis Setup for Thin Film Deposition” led by Dr Muhammad Kashif
- “Multipurpose Flush Gate for Sedimentation and Peak Discharge Control in Storm Drain” led Dr Charles Bong Hin Joo
- “Adjustable Clubfoot Corrective Device” led by Dr Shahrol Mohamaddan
- “Visualization of Flood Damage For Kuching, Sarawak” led by Dr Chai Soo See
- “The Effectiveness of Fabricated Biofiltration System In Treating Domestic Greywater” led by Cik Nur Amalina Shairah Abdul Samat & Dr Md Rezaur
- “Posslite- Lightweight Aggregate from Sewage Sludge Waste for Structural Concrete” led by Professor Dr Md Abd Mannan
- “A Pile Design Chart Considering Lateral Movement Of Riverbank Pile” led by Associate Professor Dr Siti Noor Linda Binti Taib
- “Smart Garbage Bin using Internet of Things” led by Dr Lau Sei Ping
- “Public Transport Journey Tracker” led by Dr Shafrida Sahrani
- “A Novel Text Summarization Method Based on Story Plot Structure” led by Dr Stephanie Chua
- “Civil Engineering Project Scheduling Incorporating Risk Assessment Procedures” led by Dr Ting Sim Nee & Dr Charles Bong
- “Thin film for wound plaster from local resources” led by Pn Mahshuri Yusof