Sunway University Computer Science
The following are the Sunway University Computer Science programmes offered.
Computer Science is the science that deals with the theory and methods of processing information in digital computers; the design of computer hardware and software and its application.
- CSCI 1013 Intro to Computer Application, 3 credits
- CSCP 1014 Programming 1, 4 credits
- CSCP 2014 Programming 2, 4 credits
- CSCP 2024 Data Structures Available from Fall 2016, 4 credits
- ENGR 2064 Digital Logic Available from Fall 2016, 3 credits
- MATH 1034 Calculus I, 4 credits
- MATH 1044 Calculus II, 4 credits
- MATH 2014 Calculus III, 4 credits
- MATH 1053 Discrete Mathematical Structure, 4 credits
- MATH 3024 Linear Algebra, 4 credits
BSc in Computer Science (Hons)
This BSc in Computer Science programme will equip students with the knowledge, principles and skills in developing new technological and innovative solutions in the field of Computer Science. You will be able to perform a range of activities from analysing, modelling, designing, developing and evaluating computing solutions. There are also electives in specialised areas such as computer vision and computer security.
The degree provides students with theoretical algorithmic foundations to develop cutting-edge software or computing solutions. Graduates may also opt for postgraduate study that will equip you with skills to take up research positions or forays into cross-disciplinary innovation.
- Chief Technology Officer
- Software Engineer / Software Architect
- Mobile App Developer
- Game Developer
- System Designer
- Network Specialist
- Research Analyst
- Software Quality Assurance Officer
- Enterprise Distributed Application Developer
|STPM||Average C+ or CGPA 2.33 (minimum 2 Principals)|
|A Level||CC / CDE (minimum 12 points)|
|Australian Matriculation||ATAR 60|
|Sunway Foundation in Arts||CGPA 2.3|
|Sunway Foundation in Science and Technology||CGPA 2.3|
|UEC||Maximum 26 points from 5 subjects (all Grade Bs including Mathematics)|
|IB||Completed with minimum 25 points (excluding bonus points)|
Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis
SPM / O-Level: Credit in Additional Mathematics
English Language Requirements
|TOEFL||550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), 80 (internet-based)|
|PTE Acedemic||50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill)|
|SPM English||B3 or B+|
|O-Level English (1119)||Credit|
|Sunway Intensive English Programme (IEP)||Pass Level 4 with minimum 65%|
|ESL/ English||Satisfactory level in Pre-University programmes where the medium of instruction is English|
|Cambridge English (Advanced):||Minimum 67|
MSc in Computer Science
This MSc in Computer Science programme will train you to carry out research in current and emerging IT fields, with the aim of growing advanced knowledge in specialist technical subject areas in order to be able to lead future developments in industry or academia.
You will be integrated as a member of our research groups at Sunway University with opportunities to participate in research activities alongside your supervisors such as seminars, workshops, laboratory experiments and fieldwork. Graduates of the MSc in Computer Science will have competencies in theory and practice of ICT and Computer Science. They will be well-equipped with analytical and problem-solving skills to work as senior consultants or in managerial positions in their field of study.
January, March, June & August
Full Time: 2 Years
Part Time: 3 Years
- Researcher in the area of Computer Science & Software
- System Analyst]
- Internet & Networking Specialist
- Software Engineer
- Software Quality Assurance Officer
- Software Solutions Designer
- Senior Systems Consultant
- With the MSc in Computer Science (By Research), a graduate can also venture into a Doctoral Degree, such as a PhD in Computing at Sunway University.
The MSc in Computer Science (by Research) consists of two taught modules and one thesis. Students will be required to complete two taught modules, namely Research Methodology and Directed Readings, before they proceed to writing the thesis. By undergoing these two modules, candidates will develop the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct research successfully towards the Master’s degree.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computing with minimum CGPA of 3.00 or equivalent Any other qualifications will be considered on a case-to-case basis
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS 6.0;
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based), or 80 (internet-based);
- PTE Academic 50 overall (minimum 46 in each skill)
- Cambridge English (First) 75+
- Cambridge English (Advanced) Minimum 67