Segi University Quantity Surveying
Segi University Quantity Surveying, The BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying programme aims to empower you with academic and practical knowledge with relevant soft skills in Quantity Surveying, grooming you to respond to high demands of qualified and competent quantity surveyors by the local as well as international construction industry.
Engineering & The Built Environment
BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
The BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying programme aims to empower you with academic and practical knowledge with relevant soft skills in Quantity Surveying, grooming you to respond to high demands of qualified and competent quantity surveyors by the local as well as international construction industry.
As graduates of this programme, you’ll be empowered to:
- Demonstrate accurate techniques and skills of measurement, quantification and cost estimation in construction projects.
- Apply knowledge of economics, building constructions, maintenance and services related to quantity surveying areas.
- Understand and apply the relevant laws, procedures, procurements and dispute resolutions when handling projects.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and analytical skills, problem-solving and communication with relevant soft skills.
- Participate in project management, financial management, entrepreneurship and current construction issues in the area of quantity surveying.
- Practice professional and ethical responsibilities in quantity surveying; as well as conduct further research and development activities to retain a professional membership status in quantity surveying (Sr.) or related disciplines.
The Programme Educational Objectives (PEO) are to produce graduates:
- To respond to the high demands of qualified and competent Quantity Surveyor in the global construction industry
- To assist students to mature into dynamic individuals who strive to become professional Registered Quantity Surveyors
- To develop research and critical thinking skill of students in pursuing lifelong learning
Quantity Surveyor, Contract and Cost Administrator, Property and Commercial Executive, Procurement Advisor & Contract Executive / Project Executive are just some of the possible employment prospects for QS graduates.
- Pass a recognised Matriculation / Foundation Programme with of at least CGPA 2.00 and credit in Mathematics in the SPM; OR
- Pass STPM with at least CGPA 2.00 with full passes in 2 subjects; OR
- Pass a Diploma in any related field with at least CGPA 2.50. Candidates with a score of below CGPA 2.50 but more than 2.00 may be accepted subject to evaluation
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|