Segi University Nursing
Segi University Nursing, The SEGi University College Diploma in Nursing programme is designed to prepare students to be qualified as a Registered Nurse. This programme focuses both on the care aspects of nursing as well as the science of healthcare
- Field of Study: Health / Medicine / Veterinary Studies
- Specialization: Nursing
- Level: Diploma
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: February, July, September,
- Entry Requirement:
* SPM; O-Level; SM2; equivalent with a min. 5 credits incl. of Maths and Science; AND
* Pass in Bahasa Melayu and English
- English Requirements:
* IELTS 6.0; or equivalent; or
* Pass Preparatory English Skills (PES) 3
* Students who do not meet min. requirements must undertake PES.
MOHE Approval Code: KA6929
The history of SEGi can be traced to its first education centre located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur; Malaysia in 1977. With over 30 years of its strong and established presence in the Malaysia education scene; SEGi received its University College status in 2008.
The SEGi University College Diploma in Nursing programme is designed to prepare students to be qualified as a Registered Nurse. This programme focuses both on the care aspects of nursing as well as the science of healthcare. Students will undergo a complete learning experience involving classroom work; activities at simulation wards; practical room and skills lab; and gain real life experience during attachments with partner hospitals and community health clinics.
The SEGi University College Diploma in Nursing programme is approved by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). It is also accredited by the Malaysian Ministry of Health (MoH) and Malaysian Nursing Board. Students who pass the final examinations; including the Malaysian Nursing Board examinations; will graduate and be eligible to register with the Malaysian Nursing Board.
Holders of the SEGi University College Diploma in Nursing are able to access many employment opportunities in the field of clinical nursing; healthcare; education and management; locally and abroad. They can hold positions as a registered nurse; nursing supervisor; manager in a hospital; educator; industrial nurse; product specialists; etc.
* Misc. Fee includes Application fee; VISA processing fee; Intl student admin fee; First year medical insurance; Lab fee; Facility charges and Security deposit.
* Also inclusive of hostel and transportation (RM7200).