Segi University Medicine
Segi University Medicine, The SEGi University Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme is designed for students who believe that they can make a difference in the lives of others through better health by being a safe, caring and exceptional doctor.
- Field of Study: Health / Medicine / Veterinary Studies
- Specialization: MBBS
- Level: Degree
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: September,
- Entry Requirement:
* SPM / O-Level minimum 5 credits with 4 Bs in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths or Additional Maths plus any 1 of the following:
i. Pass in Foundation in Science with CGPA 3.0 in Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Mathematics
ii. Pass Ministry of Education Matriculation / Asasi UM / ‘Tahun Asas UTM with CGPA 3.0 in Chemistry and 2 other subjects from Physics, Biology or Mathematics
iii. Monash University Foundation Pre-University Program (MUFY) with 70% in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics.
* STPM with CGPA 3.0 in Chemistry and 2 other subjects from Physics, Biology, Maths or Add. Maths.
* A-Level with CGPA 3.0 of Grade C in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Maths.
* South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – average score of 14 in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Maths.
* International Baccalaureate (IB) with score of 30 (at Least 2 subjects in Science at higher Level (HL) and 1 Standard Level (SL) and obtained a score not less than 4 in each of the subject.
* Canadian Pre-University (CPU) / Ontario Secondary School Diploma Grade 12/13 – 65% aggregate in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Physics, or Mathematics.
* Pass Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) – B4 or with aggregate 70% in 5 subjects including Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- English Requirements:
International students: IELTS 5.5
International Student Total Fee: RM353,362 (inclusive of student VISA fees)
Local Student Total Fee: RM341,050
The SEGi University Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme is designed for students who believe that they can make a difference in the lives of others through better health by being a safe, caring and exceptional doctor. This 5-year medical programme prepares aspiring doctors for a challenging career ranging from promotive, preventive, therapeutic and rehabilitative medicine.
SEGi University strives to produce doctors who are lifelong learners and who endeavour to keep abreast of advances in medicine so as to ensure the community receives appropriate and effective care. This is made possible through diverse teaching and learning experiences that are student and patient centered promoting holistic care and emphasizing professional and ethical values.
The SEGi University Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) programme consists of three phases.
In Phase One (2 Years), students are exposed to basic medical sciences covering subjects including Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pathology, Medical Microbiology and Medical Parasitology, as well as Community Medicine and early clinical exposure in an integrated system approach.
In Phase Two (1 Year), students will begin their early clinical clerkship with one year of rotational posting in basic life support, internal medicine, surgery and women’s health.
In Phase 3 (2 Years), students are further exposed to senior clerkship which covers two years in various clinical disciplines, namely community based medicine, internal medicine, paediatrics, surgery, orthopaedics and psychiatric, as well as other specialised fields of medicine which includes forensic medicine.
Students are also facilitated to develop their soft skills in communication, social responsibility, team-building, critical thinking, problem-solving, leadership and management throughout their five years of studies.
Graduates of the SEGi University MBBS programme who wish to work as a doctor in Malaysia are required to undertake further training beyond the medical degree. Upon successful completion of the MBBS programme, students will have to apply to the Ministry of Health Malaysia to complete their housemanship, which will be done in a public hospital. Upon successful completion of their housemanship, students will then required to complete a three-year compulsory service in either a hospital or clinic under the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
Once students have successfully completed their housemanship, their three-year compulsory service and obtained full registration to practice, graduates can opt to study postgraduate specialist degree programmes, which are available in a range of areas including surgery, general practice, obstetrics, paediatrics and psychiatry, just to name a few. There is a wide range of medical career paths available and options will become apparent as students progress through the programme.
The history of SEGi can be traced to its first education centre located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1977. With over 30 years of its strong and established presence in the Malaysia education scene, SEGi received its University College status in 2008 and its University status in 2012.