Permohonan Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia
Application for International Islamic University Malaysia,
Depending on the programme of study, instruction at IIUM is carried in English and/or Arabic. Applicants wishing to pursue studies in programmes taught in English must obtain:
- A score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
- 6.0 points in the test administrated by the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS)
- If they do not have either of these qualifications, applicants may sit for the IIUM-administered English Placement Test (EPT), in which they must obtain at least 6.0 points to fulfill the requirement.
- Applicants interested in programmes taught in Arabic must obtain an exemption after sitting for the IIUM-administered Arabic Placement Test (APT).
Applicants who are unable to submit satisfactory results in any of the tests above may take up language proficiency courses at the university to fulfill the admission requirements.
If deemed necessary, applicants may also be required to attend an interview and/or take an entrance test conducted by the University. Applicants should note that normally there are more applications than places available at the University. The fulfillment of the minimum entrance requirements alone does not guarantee admission into the University.
About the Centre
The quest for quality postgraduate research-oriented academic programmes was the impetus to the establishment of the Centre for Postgraduate Studies (CPS) on July 1, 2000. After making a mark of passing 10 years of serving the postgraduate community of the university, the CPS aspires to be at the forefront of graduate academic advancement, premised on a global outlook and integration of knowledge.
CPS strives to create an environment, which stimulates and encourages both intellectual and social exchange among postgraduate students, the research staff and faculty members. The ultimate objective of CPS is to ensure that students produce researches of the highest quality, thus making significant contributions to the Ummah.
The general academic requirements for admission into undergraduate degree programmes of IIUM are:
- At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level (A) Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six (6) subjects obtained in one sitting OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above.
Applicants must also have the following subjects taken at the above mentioned examinations (A level, IB or any other equivalent certificates):
- Mathematics (for applicants to all undergraduate programmes offered except for Bachelor of Arabic).
- Two other subjects in the intended field of study.
The University will determine the merit and suitability of the applicant’s academic grades received from their home country. The University reserves the right to determine an alternative relevant subject to Mathematics in case that the applicant has not taken the subject in his/her examinations.
Bachelor of Medicine and Pharmacy Requirements
In addition to the above qualifications, applicants for the MBBS and Pharmacy programme must also have at least three principal passes in the GCE ‘A’ Level examination or equivalents in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics. At the moment the University may consider applicants for MBBS with a full scholarship from their own governments.
Bachelor of Engineering Requirements
Applicants to the undergraduate programme in Engineering must also have three principal passes including two (2) in Mathematics and Physics. The third subject may be chosen from other Science subjects, which may include Additional Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology.