Multimedia University Faculty Of Law
Multimedia University Faculty Of Law, Pursue legal studies at an advanced level with our Law programmes that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as a legal eagle.
Pursue legal studies at an advanced level with our Law programmes that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as a legal eagle. Broaden your intellectual horizons and emerge as students of the highest calibre with not just technical knowledge but also skills in advanced writing, communication, research and presentation skills. As a law graduate from MMU, you’ll be able to bring effective solutions to top firms and even major corporations.
In December 2012, the Legal Profession Qualifying Board (LPQB) of Malaysia declared that graduates with a Bachelor of Law (Hons.) awarded by Multimedia University from 2009/2010 intake onwards are exempted from the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) examination. As a result, MMU law graduates fall within the definition of a ‘qualified person’ under the Legal Profession Act 1976 (Act 166), and may be admitted as advocates and solicitors in West Malaysia upon completion of the prescribed period of pupillage. Similarly, MMU law graduates are also qualified to be admitted to the Bar in Sabah (State Gazette G.N.S. 7/2010) and Sarawak (Swk. L.N. 151).
Bachelor of Law (Hons.)
(R/380/6/0022) 06/19 (A3145)
This four – seven years’ programme offers Law students a robust understanding of the system of rules that are enforced through social institutions especially in Malaysia.
Students are familiarised with the fundamentals, characteristics, methodology, specialisations, practices, policies and the revolution of law in local and international landscape. The programme encompasses various branches of legal practice, providing exposure in a comprehensive range of areas.
- • Pass Foundation / Matriculation from a recognised institution, and pass SPM with 5 credits, inclusive Bahasa Malaysia; OR
- • Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals and pass SPM with 5 credits, inclusive Bahasa Malaysia; OR
- • Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution and pass SPM with 5 credits, inclusive Bahasa Malaysia.
- • A minimum score of band 4 in MUET.*
*Candidates not meeting this requirement may subjected to an internal review process.
Foundation in Law
(R/010/3/0294) 03/20 (A11233)
This one-year foundation programme serves as an entry point for the Bachelor programme, which enhances knowledge and skills to pursue the undergraduate degree programme in Law. Students will have a sound comprehension of the fundamentals of legal education to prepare students for entry into the legal profession.
In addition, students will also be skilled in various other aspects which are vital for legal practice in future as they will acquire skills in legal analysis, legal research and oral as well as written communication.
- • Pass SPM / O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, inclusive of Bahasa Malaysia and at least a B+ in English; OR
- • Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government.