Limkokwing University Of Creative Technology University
Limkokwing University Of Creative Technology University, Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (also referred to as Limkokwing) is a private international university with a presence across Africa, Europe, and Asia. With its main campus in Malaysia
Limkokwing University of Creative Technology (also referred to as Limkokwing) is a private international university with a presence across Africa, Europe, and Asia. With its main campus in Malaysia, the university has over 30,000 students from more than 150 countries, studying in campuses in Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Kuching, Botswana, Cambodia, Cambodia, Lesotho, Sierra Leone, Swaziland and the United Kingdom.
In April 2017, the Accreditation Service for International Colleges and Universities (ASIC) from the United Kingdom bestowed Limkokwing University with the Global TVET Model University Award and Tan Sri Limkokwing with the Transformation Leadership in Global TVET Education Award
Limkokwing Institute of Creative Technology (as it was then known) was established in 1991 by founder and namesake Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Limkokwing.
In 2002 the institute became the first private college to be recognised as a University College.
Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Paduka Dr Limkowing is the founder and president of Limkokwing University of Creative Technology.
He established Wings Creative Consultants in 1975.
Limkokwing University has a presence across three continents with over 30,000 students coming from more than 150 countries. It has campuses are:
- The Limkokwing Borneo campus is in Kuching, the capital city of Sarawak, Malaysia's largest state on the island of Borneo. The campus was launched in Kuching on 19 February 2009, marking the second campus for Limkokwing University of Creative Technology in Malaysia.
- The Limkokwing Botswana campus is in the country's capital, Gaborone, and was launched on 14 May 2007.
- Limkokwing Cambodia is in Phnom Penh.
- Limkokwing Lesotho is located in Maseru, the capital of Kingdom of Lesotho. The campus was launched by the Right Honorable Prime Minister Pakalitha Mosisili on 15 October 2008. The occasion marked the first entry of a Malaysian university into Lesotho and the establishment of Limkokwing's second campus in Africa.
- The Limkokwing Malaysian campus is the flagship campus. It is in Cyberjaya, a township in Malaysia. The Limkokwing campus in Cyberjaya is home to 9,500 students from nearly 145 countries. The campus is the winner of the Highest Enrolment of Foreign Students Award and Special Award for Globalizing Malaysian Education from the Malaysian Ministry of Education and the Export Excellence Award from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry.
- Limkokwing London is in the centre of London at Chancery Lane.
- The Limkokwing Mbabane campus is around the border of Mbabane, Swaziland neighboring Waterford Kamhlaba.
Limkokwing offers foundation, diploma, degree, masters, DBA, PHD, language, and professional courses.
The university offers these programmes through seven faculties:
- Design Innovation
- Multimedia Creativity
- Media and Broadcasting
- Information Technology and Computing
- Business Management and Globalization
- Architecture and Built Environment
- Civil Engineering
And through three schools:
- The Sound and Music Academy
- Film and Television Academy
- The International Lifestyle Design Academy
The university has been granted a number of awards:
- Global Innovation Leadership in Education
- Outstanding Achievement in Web Development for Education Standard of Excellence, Portal Standard of Excellence, University Standard of Excellence
- The International Arch of Europe Award for Quality, Leadership, Technology and Innovation a vanity award
- The Commander of the Most Meritorious Order of Mohlomi by His Majesty King Letsie III of the Kingdom of Lesotho